Monday, May 31, 2010

Thanks to the Babysitters!

We are super spoiled that both of our parents live about 15 minutes away from us. If you ever have the option to live close to your parents when having children...I would highly recommend it. I'm not sure how I would manage without Grandparents (and I'm not sure how they would manage without Grandbabies)!

Within the past month Isabel has had a slumber party at both sets of Grandparents! First she spent the weekend with Meema and Papa while Ben and I went to Chicago for the night. I packed a ton of toys to keep Isabel occupied...and she had taken over a room or two by the time we got back. She also had the chance to go to church with Meema and Papa...apparently she loved checking out all the other babies!

Here are some cute videos of my noise maker that I took with my cell phone when we were picking Isabel up. Who knew I could leave all the toys at home and let her simply play with a cup?!

This past weekend Isabel had another slumber party with Grandma and Grandpa while Ben and I went to a wedding. The wedding was in town, but it was incredible to sleep in for a change...not to mention sleep THROUGH the night. Too bad I was up and cleaning the house by 9 am. I just kept thinking...oh it would be so easy to clean this without Isabel...oh and I should clean this too...oh and just one more thing. We were so excited to go pick her up. I know it was only a day, but the little girl seriously grew while we were gone. She was standing up playing with her push toy when we picked her up. G & G spoiled her with attention while we were gone.

I didn't have the chance to take any videos at G & G's this time...but I do have this a recent video of Grandpa taking Miss Isabel for a ride on the golf cart.

A HUGE thank you to both Grandparents for giving us a little break! We greatly appreciate you taking care of our little munchkin.

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have family so close!
    Her giggle is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those videos are so cute! Its amazing the things that kids find so interesting - they definitely don't even need toys, but usually end up with too many anyways. My kids loved kitchen stuff when they were that age. I gave them a drawer in the kitchen and they could play for hours!

    ReplyDelete