Saturday, August 1, 2009

Four-Legged Children

I recently went to a "Girls Night Out" event at V Gallery in Morton at the encouragement of my brothers friend Stacy. Stacy was participating in the event showing off her jewelry (State Street Design) along with a bunch of other cute little boutiques and then of course, featuring all the work of this incredible photographer. While at the gallery, I checked out pricing for baby Funk photos, but quickly decided I couldn't afford the luxury of hiring this photographer... However, I was added to the mailing list and soon learned about an event V Gallery sponsored called Doggy Days. The deal was bring a 30 lb bag of dog food for a animal charity and pay $25 and your doggie gets 10-15 minutes of fame behind the camera lens along with a 5x7 portrait! So I thought, wouldn't it be cool to get professional pictures of my mom's four-legged golden children?! So Michael signed up to help me transport the pups and the 100 lbs of food I bought at Sams to Morton, yet his plans changed at the last minute and I was stuck with the appointment. So instead of pretending I could handle this one on my own, I had to fess up to my mom and tell her I had a surprise for her, but she had to help me. She was psyched to help out...she had the dogs brushed and pretty, brought all the necessary toys/treats to get the dogs to cooperate and even had Sydney dressed with her Vera Bradley accessories.

So we headed over to Morton with the doggies and had about 15 minutes of pure chaos. The dogs were confused by us standing behind the camera calling their names, telling them to sit-up, sit-down, jump up on the furniture (they looked at us like "seriously, we can jump up there") and of course Sydney was a big wimp and ran from the camera, the flash and all of the distractions we brought to get her to pose. Needless to say we were skeptic of the quality of the pictures.

I finally had the chance to pick up the pictures this week and I cannot be more thrilled. Totally worth the effort!

Aren't they adorable?! I framed this picture of the two pups together for my Mom as a little surprise for when she gets home from her vacation!



Scout...clearly he loves posing for the camera!


Sydney...not the most amazing picture, but amazing considering she was scared of everything.

1 comment:

  1. Those are really good! I'm sure your mom will love how the pictures turned out.

    ReplyDelete