Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Baby Shower Quiz-time

I think it has started...Baby Funk is already starting to get spoiled! Last week my friends, Brittany and Rachel, thew us "A Funky Baby Shower"! They covered all the details and everything was perfect...from the invites, to the decorations, to the cake, to the company...we had a great time.

(L to R) Brittany, Staci (due 8/22), Me, Kimberly and Rachel


I won't bore you with pictures of all the baby gear that our funky baby received, but here are some of the gifts I just have to mention...

My friend Kimberly's mom, Ellen, made this needlepoint for us. Each letter is a different type of stitch with all kinds of cool thread. She spend over two months on this project and it shows...it's amazing! What do you think, shouldn't she start a business?!



Brittany and Rachel decided not to make it easy on me...they made a game out of the gift. For each Trivia question I answered correctly, I got a related gift. Here are some of the gift/questions...see how good you do:


Goodnight Moon - In the great green room there was a telephone and a red balloon and...(finish the line)

Bottle nipple - What level Dr. Brown nipple does a newborn start with? (a) Level Y (b) Level N or (c) Level 1

Breastmilk Storage Bags - Once you pump, how long is breastmilk good for... (1) on the counter? (2) in the fridge? (3) in the freezer?

Digital Thermometer - In order to get a true temperature reading from a rectal thermometer you should: (a) subtract a point (b) add a point or (c) nothing it's a true reading

Lanolin - Is it necessary to remove nipple cream before breastfeeding?

Newborn Onesies - When does a babies umbilical cord typically fall off?

Baby Food - When does a baby start to eat baby food?

Washcloths - How often should a baby receive a bath the first few months of life?

Carseat toys - When do you transfer your baby from the bucket carseat to the big carseat?

Swaddle blanket - Show us how to swaddle a baby doll...

Formula Dispenser - How many scoops of formula go with 4oz of water?

Pack'n'Play - Put this pack'n'play together...


I probably got two-thirds of the questions right...here I am trying to swaddle a baby...I definitely failed this one!


Here is my attempt at putting together a pack'n'play. This was a hard job...especially when you are 8 months pregnant, but as Rachel pointed out, I will appreciate the knowledge when I have a tired, crying baby on my hip while I'm trying to put this together next time. Note: don't put the bottom down flat until you get the sides locked!!

Taadaa! I was dripping sweat at this point...


Thanks again for a wonderful baby shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment