Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Circus of a Baby Shower

Last weekend Baby Funk had another baby shower! The theme, "A Baby Shower Under The Big Top", was so clever! The "ring masters" were (L to R) Jacki, a long time family friend whose family I grew up with and Wendy, a special next-door neighbor who is like another mom to me.


I don't think these ladies (along with their husbands, my parents and my brother) missed one detail! We had a couple big tents, circus colors, balloons, circus animals on the table...not to mention REAL cotton candy, popcorn and hot dogs fresh off the grill! It was a fun circus.


You could say we had a clown too if you want to count my brothers assistance!


I even had a top hat...which probably makes me a ring master too, right??? Wow it's been a long time since I have been to a circus!

Anyways, we had the perfect afternoon weather, with yummy food and the best company! So many wonderful family and friends were able to make it...I can't wait for baby Funk to meet everyone...he/she will be so loved!

Of course baby Funk was completely spoiled at the shower! The baby's room still looks like a bomb went off as I try and organize all of their fun toys, clothes, blanks, diapers and butt paste! I hope this baby doesn't have diaper rash all that often, but seriously we got enough butt paste to last a really long time. I guess at one point I asked "just how often do I use this stuff"? Not sure that I still understand when to use it, but I'm sure we will figure it out.

Here is one creative gift that my friend Wendy made for the baby...a diaper cake full of newborn and size one diapers...any guesses how long that will last?


Baby Funk got so many other special gifts, I'll continue to post pictures of those gifts in action once we finish the nursery or when the babe can actually model some of the cute outfits! Here is an incredible blanket that "ring master" Wendy knitted for baby Funk...


Here is a good picture of Dad-to-be with his Grandma's.

Again, a big thank you to everyone for making the day so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment