Sunday, January 3, 2010

Let It Go

So I've been a little behind in blogging... I really want to catch up to share some of the sweet moments from the holidays, but I just had the impulse that I should write the following feelings while they are so fresh in my heart...

As a new year is upon us, I'm sad to see 2009 go. It was an incredible year for me...I found out we were going to have a baby in January and our little miracle was born on September 10th. Every minute of my life since then has been different. The light bulb went on...I get it now. Having a child makes the good times so much better, the laughter so much sweeter, the smiles so much bigger, and on and on.

I just fed Izzy she kept catching me staring at her and she would just stop and give the best smile...the kind where her hole face is so squinty that it appears as if her eyes are closed. She occasionally would give me a little shrill to show her love. I'm sad to put her in her to sleep in her crib. The fleeting moments just keep escaping.

I now know how my parents felt while raising us. I know why they do so much for me and my brother. I understand the support, generosity, thoughtfulness, punishment, hugs, kind words, listening ear and most importantly the love so much better. I would (will) do the same for my children. It's love.

So, with the light bulb turning on...I'm going to change up my resolutions this year. Though I'd like to lose weight, exercise, eat healthy, etc... it's more important to enjoy every moment with my baby girl. I need to learn to "Let it Go" and focus on the important things rather than the countless details which used to consume me. I'd love to be wonder woman and have the perfect wardrobe, polished nails, a clean house and a warm dinner on the table (in that order). Yet I'd rather have a happy, healthy baby girl that smiles every day.

With that, here is a picture of my inspiration to keep my new years resolution...

4 comments:

  1. A very beautiful post...I understand what you are saying completely...you are a wonderful mom and Izzy is very lucky to have you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy, were you trying to make us all cry? That was absolutely beautiful! Izzy is a gorgeous baby and you are so incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful little family started. I can't wait to experience the feelings you are having. I know that being a mom is all I ever wanted, but after reading your post, I am even looking more forward to being a mommy. You are a true inspiration to all moms to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could totally feel and see how much you loved your little girl getting to spend two evenings with you both last week!
    All the time goes by so so fast.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete