Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Four


Wow, Isabel's fourth month was a CRAZY month. I started back to work part-time in December, so that sadly cut down on our time together. Although it was a rough transition, I think it was a wise move to slowly ease into the reality of work. In December, Isabel spent her mornings with Uncle Mikey (until he quit), Grandma Nancy and Aunt Amanda. In January when I went back to work full-time, Isabel spent lots of time with Grandma Nancy, Aunt Amanda and Aunt Jenny. I like to think she misses me, but since my office is right around the corner, I can hear her squeals of delight when hanging out with all of the above! We are so blessed to have family with such flexibility to come to our home and take care of our baby girl. Maybe this arrangement will buy us a couple more months of a sick free baby (knock on wood). I know she will need to build up her immune system at some point, but can't we wait until she is a little older before she gets sick? Besides, I still need practice with the "snot sucker"!

In other news, Isabel spent the past month ROLLING...all over the place. One morning we awoke to her squealing with delight in her crib...check the video monitor and she is on her tummy. DOUBLE TAKE...did I put her in her crib like that last night (read, did I have too much to drink last night)?! Nope...she spent all morning showing me her new skillz! Now she won't stay on her back for more than 30 seconds. I really need to take a camera in her bedroom with me when she first wakes up. I always peak through the crib slats and see Izzy on her belly with the most adorable baby girl smiles!

Isabel also has a new hobby...ISU basketball games! Grandma and Grandpa took us to three home games and Isabel loves the action. She startles easily at the horn, but loves looking around at all the lights. Go Birds!


We also found out that Isabel is finally at the age where she can play. As noted in my earlier blog about Mr. Butterfly, she now really grabs and holds onto all kinds of toys, hair, necklaces, clothes, etc! This works every time about 60% of the time. She can really entertain herself in the car seat, church, etc...until she drops the toy!

Our little girl has also started to work on her voice! She spent the past month talking away. She constantly jabbers away and tries to put both hands in her mouth at the same time. Ironically, she also puts herself to sleep in this fashion. She will be chatting away one minute and asleep the next (usually with a toy over her eyes).

Here is a link to
all the pictures from this month (if you have a lot of time on your hands)!

Beautiful


Say Cheese

Almost sitting up...

No comments:

Post a Comment