Monday, April 5, 2010

Got Anything to Sit In?

This is Ben's idea of "daddying" Isabel and working on the landscape at the same time. He pulled out the wagon (which he swore we didn't need) and put Isabel it it. Not only is she in the wagon, but she is also sitting in her "box" (see below for more info)...with a blanket to block the wind and toys to entertain. The only thing missing was sunglasses and a big umbrella to block the sun! Isabel loved the wagon and helping Daddy work outside, but she did not like it when Ben would look away. At one point she started whaling when Ben decided to go dump the wheel barrel. One of these days he will understand that multi-tasking with a child is much harder than one thinks (i.e. sorry honey for never cooking dinner or cleaning the house)!


I'm always looking around the house for unconventional toys for Isabel. While I love to buy her new toys and see her play with them...I could easily go broke. So one day I got a lovely package in the mail from my cousin Stacy (thank for the blanket Stacy)...and needless to say the box is just as cool as the blanket. Not only could the box contain all the toys from rolling away, but it also helped Isabel perfect the art of sitting up. I have a video of Isabel playing in her box on my cell phone and she is literally going crazy throwing the balls around. She loves it. Though it's been a couple weeks since we discovered the box...we are still coming up with new uses. It's perfect to hide toys or make a table or stack blocks on to knock over. So my review...keep those empty boxes for the baby...they will love them! I can't wait to get a big box once she is a little older...maybe something like a refrigerator box or something that we can make a fort out of! Now, what should I convince Ben that we should buy...for the box! Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know I was sending 2 gifts... but I'm glad she likes the blanket just as much as she likes the box.

    ReplyDelete