Saturday, February 13, 2010

Five


Miss Isabel turned FIVE months old this past week. Despite the cold, snowy, icy winter...we have been busy growing and learning to play! This age is really so much fun. She is full of expressions and curiosity. She responds to her name...when she wants to (finally something she gets from me)! She loves to chat...and commonly chats herself to sleep. She also has this "fake cough" as we call it. I'm not sure what she is doing. I asked the doctor about it at her four month appointment, but he said it was nothing. So now I think she is just trying to imitate us. I was trying to teach her to "say aaahhh" and it's more like "fake cough, fake cough"...and then I dump a spoonful of cereal in her mouth!

According to our unofficial weighing method, she is close to 14 lbs 10 oz. I still continue to think that she is teething (one of these months I'll be correct) so she is putting everything in her mouth. She is now a pro at sucking her thumb instead of her whole hand and you will constantly see her chomping on her tongue. When Isabel is awake, there is constant movement...always doing something. She now rolls all over the place, you'll never find her in the same spot you put her. She is working hard to sit up, but isn't quite there yet. Ben always says "Honey, she's drunk again!"

Overall, I'm just doting over her every spare minute I have (if you couldn't tell). She is such a blessing to us and I truly can't remember what mattered in my life before she was born. Here is a link to all of our photos from the past month if you want to see more of our joy!

My little mamushka...less than thrilled with me and my camera.


"Come on mom...aren't we done with this photo shoot?"



I'll do just about anything to see my baby smile! This is one of my favorites.


I love this look...pure innocence!



Chomping on her tongue


Getting skilled with the feet!


Side note, despite the same outfit, these pictures were taken throughout the month. Grandma Nancy bought this outfit for her...it's so warm, cuddly and perfect colors for the Valentine's holiday...so she wore it a lot this month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment