Saturday, February 6, 2010

Feed Me

We are going through a "funk" around our house these days. I think Isabel is going through a growth spurt and really needing more food. We had a solid month or two of good night sleeping. Yet as of a couple weeks ago, Isabel seems to need a couple meals in the middle of the night...which is starting to get old REAL FAST. I don't know if I'm not keeping up with her hunger needs or if she is just testing my limits or if she is just using me to pacifier herself....OR all of the above?!

Our pediatrician said we could start with cereal at 4 months, but I mentally wasn't ready for my baby to eat foods yet (not that I want to breast feed until she is sixteen or anything). As our late night feedings continued, I started to consider the idea of cereal more. So we started by putting together Isabel's highchair and letting her test it out. She loved it right away. It puts her at a nice height to see what is going on. Plus she has this sweet suction cup toy stuck to her tray that can't escape her hands...which is brilliant I must say!

"Yea, I'm a big girl...sippy cup and all! Don't worry...there is nothing in the sippy cup...I just hold it to be cool"

"Come on Mom, I told you to leave me alone when I'm playing with my toy!"


Finally, one night this week Isabel was sitting her chair while we ate dinner and I just thought, why not?! So I made a little cereal, gathered the camera and video camera and tested it out. The first night of cereal was a joke, but we have tried it every night this week. I think she is slowing starting to get it. She doesn't really keep anything in her mouth as her freakishly long tongue is in the way (I'm still working on capturing this on camera). Even though she spits a lot out, she will instantly stick her thumb in her mouth after I give her a bite and that usually forces something down the hatch! So we will take it slowly. Hopefully she will get the hang of it and start feeling a little more satisfied.

"Not too bad"


"Stop taking my picture and stick the spoon in my mouth so I can chew on it"


"All Done"

No comments:

Post a Comment